The Rock/Creek Race Team has been burning up the trails all over the country this winter. With our 2011 Rock/Creek Race Series underway, we figured it was about time to see just what they’ve been up to.
Here’s the short version:
- Sarah Woerner has been collecting hardware left and right, finishing 1st Female at our Lookout Mountain 50-mile race in December and 1st Female (7th overall) in the Black Warrior 50k in Alabama last Saturday.
- Owen Bradley finished 12th Overall at the Bandera 100k (yes, 100 kilometers) in Texas this January, with a time of 10:34:57. Congratulations are also in order, as Owen won 1st Overall at the Tashka 50k this December in his home state of Alabama.
- Meanwhile, Josh Wheeler took 2nd Overall at the Pilot Mountain Pay Back half-marathon, last weekend in North Carolina.
- Randy Whorton finished 2nd in his age group for the Seventh Annual Mountain Mist 50k Trail Run, and won grand master at last week’s Black Warrior.
- Roxanne Zobava finished 3rd Female at the Mountain Mist 50k in January, then headed out to Utah in Feburary and placed 3rd Female at the Moab Red Hot 33k. She also finished out the 2010 season with a 4th Female finish in our Lookout Mountain 50-mile trail race.
- Kevin Boucher placed 3rd Overall in the Black Warrior 50k and 4th Overall in the Lookout Mountain 50-miler.
- Sam Linhoss was also in Alabama last weekend, running the 25k version of the Black Warrior race. He finished 2nd Overall.
- We wanted to make fun of Sheridan Ames for running the Pensacola Double Bridge Run — a road race! — but it’s hard to do so, since he placed 1st in the Grand Masters category of a race that over 1700 participants finished.
In addition, several other Race Team members competed in a variety of events. Jim Farmer took 3rd Masters in the Lookout Mountain 10k. Dreama Campbell finished 6th Female at the Black Warrior 50k. Nick Selbo finished 5th Overall at the Southern 6, while Cathi Cannon took 4th Female.
Wondering about gear? Josh Wheeler and Kevin Boucher run in La Sportiva trail running shoes. Roxanna Zobava prefers Montrail. Sheridan Ames swears by Salomon. Rock/Creek has the trail running shoes you need, no matter where those trails take you.
We’d like to wish our racers the best of luck for this upcoming weekend, which is a big one: Rock/Creek Race Team members Owen Bradley, Sarah Woerner and Sheridan Ames will be running the Mount Cheaha 50k in Alabama while Josh Wheeler, Dane Mitchell and Cathi Cannon will head to North Carolina for the 40-mile Mount Mitchell Challenge!