Press Clippings & Media Information
Rock/Creek has over two decades of experience in the outdoor industry, both in brick-and-mortar retailing and online.
We have a wide variety of experts in all areas of the outdoors, and would be happy to make them available to you for interviews in person, via phone, or email. If you’re writing about a human-powered activity, chances are someone in our company actively participates in it, and would be happy to talk with you about it.
Learn more about Rock/Creek.
- 11-07-2015: “Cub Scouts Receive New Camping Supplies from Local Business” WRCB-TV. [Web]
Rock/Creek donates gear to Athens, TN scout troop to replace stolen camping equipment.
- 10-29-2015: “Rock/Creek Celebrates Chattanooga’s ‘Best Town Ever’ Designation” Outdoor Magazine. [Web]
- 10-08-2015: “RiverRocks brings in swimmers from 27 states, showcases Chattanooga’s outdoor scene” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Rock/Creek Marketing Director Mark McKnight speaks about the festival’s impact in Chattanooga.
- 07-15-2015: “Plans in works for Rock/Creek ownership change” Nooga.com. [Web]
Rock/Creek founders are preparing to hand over ownership of the outdoor retailer to three of the company’s leaders.
- 07-13-2015: “Outdoor Retailer Rock/Creek Builds Its Community And Its Business” Forbes BrandVoice. [Web]
A big part of the success of 25-year-old specialty retailer Rock/Creek is its dedication to building a passionate community.
- 06-14-2015: “Rock/Creek on verge of big expansion push beyond Chattanooga” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Future stores planned outside home territory; new leadership and ownership plans announced.
- 06-06-2015: “How Chattanooga won the Best Town title” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Rock/Creek […] rallied crowds in almost every medium: digital (by creating an hour-by-hour results and trends web page), paper (signs in stores) and in the flesh (conversations with customers).
- 07-01-2015: “Roots Rated marks one year in business with site revamp, new hire” Nooga.com. [Web]
Rock/Creek’s Mark McKnight mentioned as part of founding team at outdoor media startup RootsRated.
- 04-01-2015: ”
Rock/Creek to add another store” Nooga.com. [Web]
New Cleveland, TN store to open in Cleveland Towne Center.
- 03-13-2015: “Rock/Creek RootsRated Profile” RootsRated. [Web]
Drew Streip tells the founding story of Rock/Creek.
- 01-06-2015: “Rock/Creek aims to draw national attention to Scenic City with outdoor events” Nooga.com. [Web]
- 2015: “Customer data silos continue to hobble the omnichannel experience” TechTarget. [Web]
Rock/Creek’s Mark McKnight discusses data integration across channels in leading retail tech magazine.
- 10-04-2012: “Climbing Gym, Rock Creek Outfitters To Locate In Former Bijou Site “The Block”” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
Public Art Piece Along Broad Street Will Include Exterior Climbing Features
- 06-17-2012: “Michigan Runner Wins Local 60-Mile Trail Race” Nooga.com. [Web]
Alex Poulson wins Rock/Creek’s Stage Mountain Race and reflects on the experience.
- 6-15-2012: “Chattanooga Trail Race Inspired by Swiss Adventure” Nooga.com. [Web]
Wild Trail’s Randy and Kris Whorton share their inspiration for creating the Mountain Stage Race.
- 5-20-2012: “Outdoor adventures for all abilities” Nooga.com. [Web]
Rock/Creek grant helps Therapeutic Recreation Services opens door to city’s outdoor scene.
- 4-23-2012: “Chattanooga Is So Dirty (But In A Good Way)” Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine. [Web]
Randy Whorton, founder of Wild Trails, talks about why outdoor enthusiasts should love Chattanooga.
- 2-23-2012: “Listing of Trail Racing Series From Around The Blue Ridge” Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine. [Web]
A listing of several trail races around the southeast, including Rock/Creek’s Trail Series.
- 2-9-2012: “Downtown Chattanooga Canopy Doubles In 3-Year-Long Planting Effort” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Rock/Creek employee Mark McKnight talks on the importance of planting trees in an urban setting.
- 2-1-2012: “Deadly Depths” Get Out Chattanooga. [Web]
Local caver and Rock/Creek employee Jeff Bartlett quoted in article about deadly caving accident.
- 2-1-2012: “Trail Tested” Get Out Chattanooga. [Web]
A personal account of Rock/Creek’s Lookout Mountain 10k trail run.
- 2-1-2012: “Wild Trails’ Grant Wishes” Get Out Chattanooga. [Web]
Rock/Creek’s nonprofit, Wild Trails, talks about their grant cycle.
- 2-1-2012: “Feet First” Get Out Chattanooga. [Web]
Rock/Creek employee Wendy Oates quoted in article about benefits of barefoot running.
- 1-26-2012: “Wild Trails, Rock/Creek Series Growing” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Wild Trails, Rock/Creek’s nonprofit, is growing thanks to Randy Whorton, who talks about its expanding future.
- 12-19-2011: “2011 Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k Raises $35,000 For Trail Work In Chattanooga” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
Rock/Creek’s nonprofit, Wild Trails, is making headlines while raising money for trail conservancy.
- 12-1-2011: “Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k Photo Gallery” Get Out Chattanooga. [Web]
Rock/Creek’s 2011 StumpJump photo gallery courtesy of Rock/Creek employees Mark McKnight and Jeff Bartlett.
- 11-20-2011: Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Rock/Creek employee Mark McKnight talks about the importance of having an online store.
- 11-10-2011: “Expedition Y Leading To Action” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Rock/Creek sponsors 16,000 mile journey for two Chattanoogans.
- 10-31-2011: “Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k Race Report” Averageguyhitstheroad.Blogspot. [Web]
“Average Guy” talks about his experience with Rock/Creek’s StumpJump.
- 10-7-2011: Riddleruns.blogspot.com. [Web]
An story of Rock/Creek’s 50k StumpJump through the eyes of the 2011 winner.
- 10/5/2011: “StumpJump 50k (Race Report)” Runnersworld.com. [Web]
A story of one runner’s attempt to improve on his time during Rock/Creek’s StumpJump.
- 10-3-2011: “Anecdotes From the Trail: “Where’s My [email protected]#king Watter Bottle?”” Anecdotesfromthetrail. blogspot. com. [Web]
A humorous story of one runner’s experience with Rock/Creek’s StumpJump 50k.
- 10-02-2011: “Riddle blasts StumpJump 50k record” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web] [PDF]
David Riddle wins the 2011 Rock/Creek StumpJump and sets a new course record of 3:59:52, blowing away the previous record of 4:01.
- 9-28-2011: “Get Ready for RiverRocks” Get Out Chattanooga. [Web]
Randy Whorton talks about the Rock/Creek StumpJump and local trail running.
- 09-26-2011: “10th Annual Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k Trail Race Sells Out” Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
With 843 runners competing, the Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k sells out and has become the largest race in the 10-year history of the event.
- 8-24-2011: “Web Boosts Rock/Creek Into Expansion” Nooga.com. [Web]
Rock/Creek employees Sara Horne, Mark McKnight, and Jeff Bartlett talk about the new paddling store and the importance of internet sales.
- 6-23-2011: “Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race a Big Hit In Its Second Year” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Randy Whorton talks about the success of the three-day Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race.
- 11-15-2010: “$27,000 Raised at Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k” Outdoor Magazine. [Web]
Wild Trails, Rock/Creek’s nonprofit, is now accepting grant proposals after raising over $27,000 at StumpJump.
- 07-21-2010: “Wild Trails” Recently on Around and About. [Web]
Jonathan Mobley speaks with Rabbit Zielke from WUTC 88.1 FM about the new Wild Trails organization, which helps organize and benefits from the Rock/Creek Trail Series.
- 07-21-2010: “Greenway 5 Mile Trail Race” Recently on Around and About. [Web]
Jonathan Mobley speaks with Rabbit Zielke from WUTC 88.1 FM about the upcoming Greenway 5 mile trail race.
- 07-13-2010: “Rock/Creek’s New Stage Race Video Released” Outdoor Magazine. [Web]
Outdoor Magazine featured Andrew Kornylak’s video of Rock/Creek’s Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race.
- 06-17-2010: “Rock/Creek Stage Race Gets Ready to Rock” Outdoor Magazine. [Web]
Outdoor Mag highlights Rock/Creek’s Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race.
- 06-2010: “Stumped But Not Defeated,” Garrett Graubins, photography by Andrew Kornylak. Trail Runner Magazine [PDF]
Get up one more time than you fall down and you just might finish the East’s legendary meat grinder, the StumpJump 50k.
- 05-20-2010: “Vasque PROJECT Sponsors Rock/Creek Scenic City Trail Races” Outdoor Magazine. [Web]
Rock/Creek’s Scenic City Marathon and Half Marathon get attention from Outdoor Magazine.
- 06-14-2010: “Staying Cool: Wardrobe Matters at Riverbend” Chattanooga Times-Free Press [PDF]
Rock/Creek’s Rachel Tucker and Mark McKnight give their fashionable picks for warm-weather outdoor festivals like Chattanooga’s Riverbend.
- 05-17-2010: “Rock/Creek Selects ATG for New E-Commerce Platform” Outdoor Magazine. [Web]
Rock/Creek selects ATG to replatform rockcreek.com and provide a better shopping experience online.
- 05-15-2011: Paddlinglife.net. [Web]
Rock/Creek employee Sara Horne talks about our new paddling store.
- 05-11-2010: “Rock/Creek’s New Trail Running Video” Outdoor Magazine. [Web]
The most recent Rock/Creek trail running video aims to inspire beginners to try the sport.
- 02-12-2010: “Southern 6,” Recently on Around and About. [Web]
Jonathan Mobley speaks with Rabbit Zielke from WUTC 88.1 FM about the upcoming Southern 6 trail race.
- 02-03-2010: “SAU hosts Southern 6 trail race Feb. 21,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press’ Community News [PDF]
The Community News reports on the upcoming Southern 6 trail race and “kiddie k.”
- 12-2009: “Make the Jump: Rock/Creek StumpJump,” Ultrarunning Magazine. [PDF]
Race report and results, along with photography from the race by Andrew Kornylak.
- 08-11-2009: “Outdoors retailer Rock/Creek kicks off back-to-school backpack e-mail promo,” DMNews. [Web]
Mark McKnight discusses Rock/Creek’s back-to-school backpack sale and email campaigns around the sale.
- 07-15-2009: “Rock/Creek and Chaco Collect Hundreds of Donated Shoes for Communities,” SNEWS. [Web]
Chaco and Rock/Creek collected over 500 pair of shoes through the 6th annual donation program. This year’s shoes go to Soles4Souls, the largest shoe-donation charity in the world.
- 05-20-2009: “Marathon leads runners into the Boonies,” Weekly Community News. [Web]
Randy Whorton, Kris Whorton, and Mark McKnight talk about the Scenic City Trail Marathon & 1/2 Marathon to take place on Raccoon Mountain.
- 04-02-2009: “Happy Muddy Trails,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press. [Web]
Amy Williams reports on the 8th annual Rock/Creek River Gorge Trail Race, which was a wet and muddy run but quite a bit of fun for the runners involved.
- 03-16-2009: “Rock/Creek Runners Take Victory In Both Divisions of Mississippi Trail 50,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Rock/Creek Race Team members John Brower and Kris Whorton win the men’s and women’s divisions at the Carl Touchstone Mississippi Trail 50 Mile run in Laurel, MS.
- 02-18-2009: “Southern 6 trail race at SAU Feb. 22,” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Rock/Creek and Southern Adventist University teamed up for a first-time race called the Southern 6. Article features interviews with event organizers: Rock/Creek’s Mark McKnight and Southern’s Joy McKee.
- 02-05-2009: “Rock/Creek Named Online Retailer Of The Year,” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
Article about Rock/Creek’s recent selection for “Retailer of the Year” by Backpacker Magazine & SNEWS.
- 01-08-2009: “Rock/Creek Donates $2,000 to Signal Mountain Cross Country Team,” SNEWS Online. [Web]
Rock/Creek gifts $2,000 of the $9,000 raised at the 2008 Rock/Creek StumpJump. The money will go toward timing equipment and other needs so that Signal Mountain High School will be able to host cross country meets on the Cumberland Trail.
- 12-16-2008: “Rock/Creek Presents Longest Trail Race In Chattanooga History This Saturday,” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
The Lookout Mountain 100k was the longest trail race in Chattanooga- and we later found out, all of TN- history.
- 11-26-2008: “Heart Of Stone Climbing Film Premieres At Rock/Creek Dec. 5,” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
Andrew Kornylak & Josh Fowler’s film, Heart of Stone, premiered at the Two North Shore Rock/Creek store.
- 11-21-2008: “Rock Creek Outfitters Donates $3500 To Cumberland Trail Conference,” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
The Rock/Creek Stump Jump has become one of the largest ultra marathon-distance races in the country. The Chattanooga-based retailer raised $9,000.00 to benefit local trail development and the Cumberland Trail Conference’s (CTC) ongoing efforts to build the Cumberland Trail State Scenic Trail.
- 10-14-2008: “Rock/Creek Donates $9,000 For Trails,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Recap of the 8th Annual StumpJump 50k, with details on the $9,000 donated from the race proceeds: $3,500 went to the Cumberland Trail Conference, $3,500 to the Wilderness Trail Running Association, and $2,000 to Signal Mountain High School Cross Country.
Describes Rock/Creek and Icebreaker’s “We’re Bagging Cotton” promotion, where customers are invited to turn soggy old cotton t-shirts into earth-friendly reusable shopping bags and to try an Icebreaker merino top with a discount.
- 10-7-2008: Run100miles.com. [Web]
A personal story of Rock/Creek’s StumpJump through the gorgeous Tennessee mountains.
- 10-05-2008: “2008 Rock/Creek StumpJump Results,” and “Anderson Trail Boss,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press. [PDF]
Results listings for the 50k and 11 mile races, as well as a quick writeup on Rock/Creek Race Team member John Anderson’s victory.
- 10-04-2008: “Anderson Captures Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k,” and “Anderson Trail Boss,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Results listings for the 50k and 11 mile races.
- 09-30-2008: “Rock/Creek Hosts 500 Trail Runners; 8th Annual Rock/Creek StumpJump,” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
Article a week before the 2008 Rock/Creek StumpJump talks about the national scope of the race, the 500-runner cap being reached, and the fact that registered runners represent 25 out of 50 states as well as Micronesia, the Northern Mariana Islands, and Canada.
- 09-2008: “Eighth Annual Rock/Creek StumpJump Set for October 4,” The Mountain Mirror. [PDF]
The Lookout and Signal Mountain Mirrors carried this article about the upcoming race, including the fundraising efforts from previous years.
Chattanooga’s monthly magazine from the Times Free Press covers the growing trail running and adventure racing scene, featuring a profile of the Rock/Creek StumpJump and an interview with Rock/Creek Marketing Director Mark McKnight.
- 07-2008: “Lula Lake Land Trust Receives Grant from Rock/Creek and Patagonia,”Lookout Mountain Mirror. [PDF]
Rock/Creek and Patagonia gift $3,100 for trail work and access at a local land trust on Lookout Mountain in Georgia.
- 07-17-2008: “Chattanooga: Trail Running 101,” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [Web]
Article speaks to the growing sport of trail running, includes interview with Rock/Creek Race Team member Randy Whorton about the Wilderness Trail Running Association and the Rock/Creek Trail Series.
- 06-22-2008: “On the second stage of a 3-day race,” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [PDF]
Photo and mention of Rock/Creek staff member Clay Warner running the second day of the Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race on Lookout Mountain, part of the Rock/Creek Trail Series.
- 06-22-2008: “Difficult Day 3 Of 60-Mile Trail Race Boasts 34 Runners/26 Finishers,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Recap of the third day of the Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race, part of the Rock/Creek Trail Series. The day’s course began at Nolan Elementary School on Signal Mountain and went into Prentice Cooper. Rock/Creek Race Team member Matt Sims won overall, with team member Jaclyn Greenhill taking second place in the women’s division. Sims and Greenhill also won overall for the entire 3-day race in the men’s and women’s divisions respectively.
- 06-21-2008: “Nashville’s Stephen Taylor Wins 2nd Leg Of Ultrarunners Competition,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Rock/Creek Race Team member Stephen Taylor won the second stage of the three-day Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race, part of the Rock/Creek Trail Series.
- 06-20-2008: “37 Tough Runners Complete Day One Of 3-Day, 60-Mile Trail Race,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Article detailing the first day of the 3-day Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race, part of the Rock/Creek Trail Series. This day’s run featured a 22-mile course starting from the Lula Lake Land Trust and running through Covenant College and back. Rock/Creek Race Team member Michael Green won overall, with another team member Jaclyn Greenhill winning the women’s division.
- In a continued commitment to provide local, low impact acess to the outdoors, Rock/Creek and Patagonia announce a $3,100 grant for the Lula Lake Land Trust.
- 06-11-2008: “Rock/Creek racer takes triathlon title,” North River Weekly. [PDF]
Rock/Creek Race Team member Josh Wheeler takes the title for his division at the Ford Ironman 70.3 Florida Triathlon.
- 06-04-2008: “Signal’s Greenhill wins Scenic City Trail Marathon women’s division,” Signal Mountain Community News. [PDF]
The 2nd Annual Scenic City Trail Marathon raised $3,300 for the Wilderness Trail Running Association. Rock/Creek Race Team member Jaclyn Greenhill won the women’s division.
- 05-21-2008: “Rock Creek racers from Signal take top spots across nation,” Signal Mountain Community News. [1.2 MB PDF]
Recap of recent Rock/Creek Race Team members’ victories. Two runners won the Southeast regional championships for trail running in two distances: Sheridan Ames took the 50k and Matt Sims took the Half Marathon title. Johanna Gartman and Stephen Taylor won the women’s and men’s overall titles at Chattanooga’s Scenic City Triathlon. John Anderson won the Old Pueblo 50 miler and finished second in the Zane Grey 50 miler.
- 05-02-2008: “Rock Creek Takes Honors in Trail Race,” The Chattanoogan. [Web]
Recap of recent Rock/Creek Race Team members’ victories.
- 04-09-2008: “Proceeds from Rock/Creek race support Cumberland Trail Conference,” North River Community News. [PDF]
Follow up article from the Rock/Creek River Gorge Trail Race, which raised $1,500 for trail work in its seventh year.
- 03-02-2008: “Wheeler Captures Half Marathon,” Chattanooga Times Free Press. [2.7MB PDF]
Rock/Creek Race Team member Josh Wheeler wins the Scenic City Half Marathon.
- 02-2008: “Moving the Merchandise: Sales incentives, merchandising and in-season ordering help retailers with in-season sell-through,” Outdoor Business Magazine. [6.4MB PDF]
Front cover image and several in-article images of Rock/Creek’s Two North Shore store by Mark McKnight. Comments from General Manager Wes Napier. Quote from McKnight about getting kids involved in outdoor activities.
- 01-2008: “50k Cumberland Trail StumpJump in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA,” Marathon und mehr (German “Marathon and More” Magazine). [1.3MB PDF]
Three-page color article features the Rock/Creek StumpJump 50k, the only US race in the publication. Runner Gerd Durr describes his experiences running the race and visiting the States. If you’re not a German speaker, check out Jim Johnson’s translation on our blog.
- 11-11-2007: “Two North Shore Opens in North Chattanooga with Green Theme,” WDEF News 12. [Web Video]
Rebecca Cruz covers the ribbon cutting and grand opening for Two North Shore. Explains the environmental remediation on the site, recycled materials, energy efficiency, rainwater recycling, and other elements that will go into the LEED certification.
- 11-11-2007: “Going Green in Chattanooga,” ABC Channel 3 Eyewitness News, Chattanooga. [Web Text, Video]
Brief article on the new Two North Shore development’s environmental focus.
- 11-09-2007: “Music marks opening of Two North Shore,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press. [Web]
Article on Grand Opening festivities for Rock/Creek’s Two North Shore location.
- 10-25-2007: “Two North Shore Grand Opening Is Nov. 10,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Announcement of the Grand Opening ceremonies for Rock/Creek’s new Two North Shore location.
- 10-05-2007: “New Moon Gallery joining others at Two Northshore,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press. [Web Video]
Developer Steve Arnsdorff and Rock/Creek’s Mark McKnight discuss the environmental aspects of the Two North Shore development
- 07-17-2007: “Two North Shore To Have Environmental Design,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Article with Heather Johnson of River Street Architecture explaining environmental aspects of new Rock/Creek and Greenlife development.
- Spring 2007: “Josh Wheeler; Young Triathlete Hopes His Experiences Help Others,” Triathlon Life. [3Mb PDF]
Article on Rock Creek employee Josh Wheeler’s bout with brain cancer and his triathlon training. Josh has qualified within the top 35 for the 2007 Age Group Nationals in Portland, OR. He hopes to finish top eight and qualify for the 2007/2008 Worlds.
- 04-29-2007: “Idealism, marketing drives companies to go green,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press. [Web]
Article on Chattanooga area businesses committing to the environment. Mentions our new LEED-certified retail store and cites Mark McKnight in reference to greenwashing.
- 03-2007: “Rock Creek Outfitters, Chaco Help Save Atlanta Bouldering Site,” Lookout, Signal Mountain Mirror. [PDF]
Outdoor section article on Chaco and Rock Creek raising money to purchase Boat Rock bouldering area.
- 03-2007: “Southern Hospitality: Rock Creek Outfitters blends expert service with support of local causes,” Outdoor Business Magazine. [PDF]
Feature article on the history, philosophy, and future of Rock Creek.
- 12-2006: “Inherit the Wind: Prana embraces renewable energy and helps its retail partners do the same,” Outdoor Business Magazine. [PDF]
RockCreek cited as retailer participating in new prAna Natural Wind Power Initiative
- 10-10-2006: “$60 million in projects start,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press.
Article on new Rock Creek store in North Chattanooga, with conceptual drawing.
- 08-09-2006: “Triumphing Over Adversity: Josh Wheeler beats cancer to win area triathlons,” Chattanooga Times-Free Press, Signal Mountain Community News. [PDF]
Harrowing story of RockCreek.com employee Josh Wheeler’s bout with cancer during his senior year in high school, and how he continues to win triathlons after two brain surgeries.
- 07-17-2006: “Two North Shore To Have Environmental Design,” The Chattanoogan.com. [Web]
Early coverage of Rock/Creek’s new store location at Two North Shore. The plans call for LEED certification based on green design elements including sustainability of the site, energy and atmosphere elements, water efficiency, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality along with innovative design process.
- 04-25-2006: “Did you hear?… Rock Creek Outfitters garnered some nifty exposure with Tour de Georgia sponsorship participation,” [PDF] Gear Trends Specialty News
RockCreek sponsored the 2006 Tour de Georgia, presenting King of the Mountain checks at the podium.
- 10-2005: “Second Annual Kayak for Conservation,” Lookout/Signal Mountain Mirror. [PDF]
Story on our annual paddling event benefiting the Tennessee River Gorge Trust.
- 01-2005: “The 25 Best Outdoor Stores in America,” Men’s Journal. [PDF]
RockCreek named one of the top 25 stores in America, based on the rankings of 100 adventure experts, and “judged each store on staff expertise, location, contribution to the local adventure scene, and product quality.” Specifically, Rock Creek was named the #2 Paddling store in the country.
- 11-11-2007: Rock/Creek, Local Outdoor Enthusiasts Improve Sunset Park
- 09-21-2007: Rope Recycling Program with Sterling Rope and Rock/Creek
- 04-20-2007: Rock/Creek Outfitters Honors Chaco with Environmental Stewardship Award
- 04-18-2007: Rock/Creek River Gorge Race Raises $1500 for Cumberland Trail Conference
- 01-11-2007: Rock/Creek & Chaco Raise $8000 for Access to Boat Rock Bouldering Area
- 10-16-2006: Rock/Creek Gives $3000 to Cumberland Trail Completion
- 10-02-2006: RockCreek.com and Chaco Raise Funds for Access with Custom Sandals
- 06-13-2006: Chaco Recycling Initiative Benefits Himalayan Communities
- 04-24-2006: RockCreek Switches to Wind Power for Earth Day
- 04-17-2006: Preserving Rock Creek Watershed
- 04-18-2006: Rock/Creek Outfitters to Sponsor North America’s Premier Cycling Event
- 03-06-2006: Team Rock Creek Outfitters Takes 2nd in Goldrush 24 Adventure Race
- 04-10-2005: One Man’s Eco Taxi Leads the Way for a Greener Future
- 04-2007: “Committed to Sustainability,” Natural Awakenings Magazine. [PDF]
Ad highlighting RockCreek’s local involvement, environmental stewardship, and core values.